Summer Canning

I can't believe it was just one summer ago that I learned to can. Correction. Re-learned. I dreaded helping my mom as a kid. Now I can't get enough of it. I proudly showed off my stash to friends who were over for dinner last weekend. Here's what we did.


19 quarts of marinara
21 quarts and 1 pint of tomatoes
11 pints of salsa
7 pints of dill pickles
7 half-pints of sweet relish

We also froze 14 cups of blackberries, 30 cups of blueberries, both picked at Thierbach Orchards , and so far, 12 cups of roasted and pureed pumpkin. We had our first pumpkin pie of the season last night, and it was so fresh pumpkin-y tasting that I restrained myself and only ate one slice.





I’m planning on roasting two more pumpkins and figuring out how to can something apple.

1 comment:

  1. No recipe, bummer. Maybe you'll do a post about your marinara in the future.

    Bye for now,
    ButterYum

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails