Menu Planning Sunday

For years, I’ve attempted to prepare a weekly dinner menu, Sunday through Thursday. Sometimes this happens with great success, and other weeks we eat day-to-day. I have some (non-cooking) friends who were shocked when they learned I do this. How do you know what you're going to want to eat? Simple. We eat what's in the plan. How do you have time to make the plan? It's saves tons of time over just winging it daily - a lot less stressful, too. And it’s significantly cheaper - no daily trips to the grocery store - or worse - simply having dinner out (bad both for the wallet and the waistline).

I stumbled across a great web site, I’m an Organizing Junkie, where bloggers post their weekly menus. So here goes:

(Meatless) Monday
Fruit Salad with Honey-Yogurt Sauce (subbing a pear for the orange)

Tuesday
Cowboy Covered Dish (using leftover baked beans, ground bison, peppers, onions with a cornbread topping)
Salad
* Blue Cheese and Walnut Dip with Waldorf Crudites, as an appetizer for our neighborhood women’s holiday gathering

Wednesday
Buffalo Chicken Pizza
Salad

Thursday
Tuscan Pot Roast in the slowcooker, shredded, added to the marinara we canned this summer and served with spaghetti squash
Garlic bread
* Chocolate Mousse Pie with brandied cherry cordials for Friday evening’s book club dinner with our hubbies. This is a tremendous dessert from the now out of print The LA Times California Cookbook. I'll post the recipe after I make it so that I have a pretty photo to show it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails