I baked! And it was good! Peanut Butter Blondies

I had such a frustrating day at the office last week that I had the desire to bake after work, something I never do (Craig almost fainted when he came into the kitchen). But I do know my parameters:  given the choice, I’ll always opt for a cheese plate or a glass of bubbly after dinner, so it could not be something too sweet since I’m definitely a savory person,  and if we’re talking chocolate, it has to be dark. Not being a weekend where calories and fat don’t count, and I do watch our nutrition more, I headed to Cooking Light. What did I find but Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Blondies?
The only changes I made to the recipe were to switch to half all purpose and half whole wheat pastry flour, reduce the sugar, up the peanut butter, and use dark chocolate – goodness, I did make a number of changes. These are super easy, and you likely have all the ingredients in your pantry. They are quite delicious, especially warm when the chocolate is gooey, with a distinct peanut butter flavor, and I like the recipe only make an 8x8” pan so you’re not tempted to overindulge – too much. A double catch will be mailed to Cincinnati pronto 'cuz Connor will love these.

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Blondies
12 servings realistically

Cooking spray
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup whole wheat pasty pastry flour
1/3 cup dark chocolate chips or chunked from a bar, finely chopped
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 large egg
1 large egg white

Preheat oven to 350°.
Coat bottom of an 8-inch square baking pan with cooking spray (do not coat sides of pan).
Combine flours, chocolate chips, soda, and salt in a bowl.

Combine sugars and remaining ingredients in a bowl; stir until well-blended. Add flour mixture, stirring just until blended. Spread batter in bottom of prepared pan.

Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out almost clean. Cool on a wire rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails