February Foodie Pen Pals

What a great month for me as a participant in the Lean Green Bean Foodie Pen Pal exchange. This is where foodies (bloggers and non-bloggers alike) are assigned a pen pal who you correspond with to understand food likes and dislikes, then fill and send a box of goodies (around $15) to your pen pal, and reveal the contents of the box on the same day. 
The Lean Green Bean
This month Ashley from My Cats and I (Cooking) in Chi had my name. She sent a terrific box with many homemade treats. Ashley is a relatively new but rather prolific blogger who is a grad student in Chicago and enjoys healthy cooking – and lovesssssssssss her cats! Reading her blog was *almost* as much fun as the content of her box, and I especially appreciated her kind note and a recipe for a barley and red bean bowl salad. With no further ado, the goodies in my box were:

Trader Joe’s organic red quinoa, one of Ashley’s preferred grains (ours, too) that she likes to add to salads (I need to try that)

Yellow curry powder, one of her fave spices

Valrhora dark chocolate

Homemade winter spice granola

Homemade Candied mixed nuts with rosemary that are so good we had to get them out of sight, a delightful combination of slightly spicy with a hint of sweetness

Homemade gardener’s scrub, which she noted is perfect for dry winter hands as well as hands battered from playing in the dirt – and I agree. This was lightly scented and not in the least greasy unlike the lavender one I got a while ago at Trader Joe’s. I even slathered it over my arms and legs in the shower for a sensational full body dry skin cleanse.

Thanks again, Ashley, for a thoughtful box that thoroughly enjoyed!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails